Subclass 491 visa

This 4-year work visa allows you to live and work in specified region of Australia – and bring your family. There are two pathways for this visa: (1) the Extended Stay pathway, and (2) the Invited pathway.

The Extended Stay pathway is for applicants that have held a provisional visa in subclass 496, 495, 487 or 475. The Invited Pathway requires you to submit an Expression of Interest and obtain an invitation to apply for the visa. We will explain the application process for both pathways.

What Are the Benefits of a Skilled Regional Provisional Visa (Subclass 489)?

The Subclass 489 visa allows you and your family to:

  • stay in Australia for up to four years
  • live, work and study in a specified regional area of Australia
  • travel in and out of Australia while the visa is valid

Swift Processing

With us, all your applications and procedures and processed swiftly.

Timely Response

Get your queries answered on time to avoid delays and confusion.

Comprehensive Support

If you get stuck somewhere, we offer comprehensive support 24/7.

About the Owner-Operator LMIA Work Permit

How Can I Apply for a Skilled Regional Provisional Work Visa (Subclass 489)?

There are two pathways to apply for the Subclass 489 visa: the Extended Stay pathway and the Invited Pathway.

The Extended Stay Pathway, Subclass 489 Visa

The apply through this pathway, you must have held a provisional visa in subclass 496, 495, 487 or 475. If you have held more than one of these visas, you are not eligible to apply for the Subclass 489 visa.

To apply, you will first need to ensure that you meet all the requirements and then complete the Skilled Regional (Provisional) Renewal (subclass 489) visa application. The requirements for extended stay are:

  • Meet the health requirements
  • Meet the character requirements
  • Do not have any outstanding debts to the Australian government
  • Willing to sign the Australian Values Statement

The Invited Pathway, Subclass 489 Visa

If you have not held a provisional visa before, you should apply for the 489 visa through the Invited Pathway. In order to receive an invitation to apply for this visa, you must be:

  • nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency, or
  • sponsored by an eligible relative living in a Designated area of Australia.