This visa offers a pathway to New Zealand residence. To apply, you’ll need to have the specified work experience, qualifications, and occupational registration to work in an occupation on our Long Term Skill Shortage List, and an offer for work in that occupation. If you continue working in that occupation in New Zealand for 2 years, you can apply for residence.
With this visa you can
- Continue your pathway to residence in New Zealand by working for up to 30 months in an occupation for which there is a shortage of New Zealanders available.
- Apply for residence after 2 years of working in an occupation on our Long Term Skill Shortage List.
Things to note
- You can only apply for this visa if you have already held a Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa and you either are waiting for a decision on your Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa application, or worked in the role the visa was issued for, were overseas when the border closed on 19 March 2020, and had not returned by 31 October 2021.
- This visa will be replaced by the Accredited Employer Work Visa from 4 July 2022.
New employer accreditation and work visa
- You can’t include a partner or dependent children in your work visa application, but they can apply for visas based on their relationship to you.